WHAT IS GEOSCAN?
GeoSCAN is a satellite crop monitoring program. The program provides crop growth information in near-real time, in order to assess productive and week areas via custom vegetation index.
The GeoSCAN program is based on the latest technologies for Earth observation.The program provides detailed information for fields with any size and with any crop type.
The GeoSCAN subscription provides at least 5 near-real time vegetation index maps for the whole growing season.
Based on updated maps of GeoScan, which shows the status of crops in different growing seasons, you can determine:
- Locating the productive and week areas in each field;
- Statistics about the fields from each area;
- Insufficient or excessive fertilization;
- Poor quality of Agro operations;
- Excessive growth of weeds;
- Plant disease or insect damage;
- Water stress – lack of water or flooded areas;
- Damage caused by wildlife;
- Estimating damage caused by hail.
WHY DOES THE SATELLITE SEE BETTER THAN THE HUMAN EYES?
Besides the visible light the satellite sensors are sensitive to parts of the spectrum beyond the range of the human eyes.
The Near Infra Red (NIR) spectrum is the most useful part of the electromagnetic radiation for vegetation monitoring, because it takes advantage of the high reflectance of vegetation in the NIR part of the spectrum which can be useful to distinguish between healthy and stressed crops.
ANALYSIS OF VEGETATION MAPS
The program provides statistics based on satellite images:
- The area occupied by each class of Vegetation Index;
- Vegetation Index of each sole, each class, compared with the average index of fields with the same type of culture for the entire farm.
WEATHER DATA – HISTORY
Weather information is essential to establish whether the condition is due to a shift of culture or land due to human impact.
History – displays the maximum and minimum temperatures and rainfall in the last 12 months.
THE MOBILE APP